How to transfer string from to PV600 and CompactLogix 1769

edwinmart

What I am triying to do is to transfer and display on the PV600 values stored in strings on the PLC, and viceversa being abble to doing text input on the PV600 store the values on the PLC.

I have worked before using de Logic Mapping to do this with binary and INT values but never using strings.

How can I do this, and what would be the length limit for these strings?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I need help trying to send a 8 chars strings from the PLC to the Panel View. I created the string tag in the PLC and then I Logic mapped the tag...
Replies
Views
I am reading from a barcode reader using the PLC CH1 a 8 chars number string. But I need to display this on the PanelView 600. I need to trigger...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I know it is late in the day on Friday but I am stumped on something. I am doing a string transfer via messages from a CompactLogix L24ER...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm trying to connect WinCC Pro to SQL server through OBDC. Everything is okie, I'm able to transfer number, DateTime and even a direct...
Replies
Views
I need to transfer string data from a MicroLogix 1100 to a ControlLogix 5000 L72 system. The string data resides in File ST9:0 on the MicroLogix...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom