Communication Siemens drives on Profibus

g_simons

G
Dear Professionals

I am working on a new project Regarding Controlling DC Siemens drives on PROFIBUS I am wondering if anybody can lead me to a guide for the subject. I did not find them on siemens support documents or CDs. ( The Cd included in the drives packing does have the related GSD files but nothing more I could find ).

Thnx and regards

Hi there
If u are using siemens drives the GSD files for the drives are pre-installed in the Simatic manager, If you dont have the current version update the catalog online. Create the profibus n/w in the hardware, select the drive from the catalog and assign an address, the address should match with the drive DP address.
I hope this helps.

Are you using a Siemens PLC as well?

If it is, then you would have to assign the GSD's to the profibus network in the Step 7 project hardware manager and assign addresses as mentoned above.