Controlnet - Step by Step

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can someone help me out to figure this out or sort of enlighten me in laymans turn (Dummies guide to Control Net) how and what is needed to accomplish the Following?

A)CNTRLogix Procesor (any)

B)FlexI/O Remote rack 1 (Mixed I/O)

C)FlexI/O Remote rack 2 (Mixed I/O)

D)CNTRLogix Procesor (Same as (A) but used for redundancy

Controlnet communications from A to D, C, B.

Q#1. What is needed (For Controlnet Comms and set-up)

Q#2. How to configure

Q#3. Redundancy in a nutshell ???? and how to set it up?

Point to a link, guide, or instructions to accomplish the above would be of great help.

Thanks!

The first two books for you to read are:

ControlLogix Redundancy System User Manual
Publication 1756-UM523F, December 2006.

ControlNet Modules in RSLogix 5000 Systems
Publication CNET-UM001C, November 2005.

If you have not used ControlLogix before, some additional reading should be:

Logix 5000 Controllers Design Considerations Reference Manual
Publication 1756-RM094B, August 2005.

ControlLogix System Selection Guide
Publication 1756-SG001I, November 2006.

All of these publications are available in hardcopy from your Rockwell Automation distributor.