Ouch! LM90 hates me!

heldhostage

I need to backup numerous GeFanuc 90-30 PLC's, I don't need to read them, change them, like them, etc. We own an old copy of LM90, but it doesn't recognise serial port. We own a LM90 serial upgrade, but we can only find the backup disk set and it won't install because it isn't the original! We also have the handheld programmer, but we need to do hundreds of units and the memory cards are proprietary? Can anyone suggest what to do? make serial upgrade work, go with newer program, generic memory cards?

Thanks, I am Fanuc-challenged

nswu1 said:
Just buy VERSAPRO it is fairly cheap.
VersaPro was replced by Proficy ME about 2 years ago.
It should cost <$1000. But be aware that if any of your exsisting PLCs are VERY old they may not be compatble with VersaPro or PME.
Proficy ME supports back to about 1994, VersaPro about 1998. You will be doing your customer a big favor by geting everything backed up with the latest software, Proficy ME, even if it means updating a few CPUs. An upgrade should cost about $100 ea. or be a free download.
Take the time to understand your options and inform your customer exactly what you are up against.
... A happy customer = repeat business.

I love my LM90. I will use it on some stuph until it can't be used anymore.

The new Software isn't bad. And it is a must for new hardware. My first LM90 was from 1996, and there was a few versions after that. Sounds like you have gotten some good mileage off that equipment!

Contact your "local" GE distributor, if you have one. They may have a solution for you that is quite affordable.

They may even have still have a "starter kit" or "Tool Box Kit" that can be a real bargain.

If you don't have a GE rep in your area, or if they aren't responsive, send me a PM and I can give you a couple of names.

BEWARE if you attempt to buy something on eBay!

best regards..... casey

If you can get your hands on a VersaPro CD from somewhere, the last built Logicmaster programs are on there and require no serial number for installation.

I do agree with the upgrade path mentioned, there's been many changes to software and firmware over the years.