Problem using Excel and Rslinx Classic

MGuenette

Hi,

I try to get data from PLC to an excel spreadsheet. I have Rslinx classic gateway installed and my topic is configured. Topic name is linked with the right plc.

In excel I write =RSLINX|Topic!'Adress'" and it does not work. It works on my other laptop using rslinx pro. when I press enter in the excel application, excel "bug".

Any suggestions?
thanks
Mart.

Let's go through the DDE syntax carefully:

=RSLINX|TOPIC!'N7:0'

The character between RSLINX and TOPIC is a vertical bar, which is above the backslash on my keyboard.

The exclamation point comes after TOPIC

The single-quotes surround the address. You can also have a Length and number of Fields and Data Type here too (like L1,C1,s16), but you can leave them out as well.

Specifically above you have a closing double-quotation-mark. That will cause an Excel formula error.

Explain what doesn't work. Does Excel give you a formula error when you press Enter, or do you get a #REF or N/A in your Excel cell ?

Ken Roach said:
Let's go through the DDE syntax carefully:

=RSLINX|TOPIC!'N7:0'

The character between RSLINX and TOPIC is a vertical bar, which is above the backslash on my keyboard.

The exclamation point comes after TOPIC

The single-quotes surround the address. You can also have a Length and number of Fields and Data Type here too (like L1,C1,s16), but you can leave them out as well.

Specifically above you have a closing double-quotation-mark. That will cause an Excel formula error.

Explain what doesn't work. Does Excel give you a formula error when you press Enter, or do you get a #REF or N/A in your Excel cell ?

Excel "freezes"!! Really strange...the security of my excel spreadsheet is "basic"

Thanks
Mart.