Running Logix5000 program with rsview studio

jtcarson2

Does anyone know how to get the rslogix5000 plc program to automatically run when the panelview 1000 has gone through startup, programming done with rsview studio? I have a rsview studio program made and can run machinery with the program but only after I open up rslogix and bring processor online and into run mode.
Thanks for the help.

So let me see if I understand your request....

You have at least three pieces of hardware:
  • A PanelView Plus operator interface terminal
  • A Logix5000 family PLC
  • A Windows computer with RSLogix5000 programming software
You want the PanelView terminal to tell the Windows PC to open RSLogix5000 programming software once it has fully powered up and loaded its application.

Is that what you are asking?

OG

Yes that is what I am trying to do. I have a panelview 1000, rsview studio, and rslogix5000, I have a program written for both. Right now the only way that I can operate my equipment with the panelview is to bring my plc program online and in run mode with rslogix. I should be able to controlthe equipment as soon as the panelview boots up without having to use a pc and rslogix software at all. I am sure it is something in the rsview studio that I am leaving out but not sure what that may be. thanks for the help.

Ok, you answered part of my question. Are you using a real Logix5000 PLC or are you using a SoftLogix?

You are right though, there is no need for RSLogix to be open in order for your PLC and PanelView to communicate with each other. So we need to find out why this is happening rather than try to get the software to open automatically.

Also, can you please post a screenshot of your RSLinx Enterprise "Target" configuration. This is where you should be configuring how your PV and PLC are communicating. The "Local" tab does not have anything to do with the PV.

One other question. After you start up the PV and then open your RSLogix and everything is working just fine, what happens if you close RSLogix?

OG

A configured but missing powerup routine in a Logix processor will cause it to fault (and go into program mode) on powerup, which can be recovered by going online and toggling it back to run (or switching keyswitch prog/run).

Otherwise, the PLC Processor should power up in the state it powered down in. Always in RUN if the keyswitch is set so, last state if keyswitch is in REM (which it must be if you can change mode via a programming terminal), or always in PROG if keyswitch is in PROG.