working with step 7 V5.0

Bahaa

dear friends
if any of you may suggest a better way of getting started with STEP7 rather than the manual provided by siemens for this purpose , i will be very grateful.

Bahaa,

I don't have anything to offer you there.

I personally have worked with quite a few different PLCs and their varying programming softwares. For my money, the best way is to get in and just get started.

You need to know what you will have for I/O and what you expect the finished working system to do. From there, all I can say is just do it.

As many here have said in the past, the more planning and structure you develop prior to writing code, the better your program and system will be.

When it comes to learning a new platform though, I think you will just have to bit the bullet and do it the hard way.

Steve

A ring round some colleges might reveal one that does the C&G course in S7 V5.
If you contact Siemens at Didsbury you might get a weeks cheap course.

I have to agree the previous reply in that the best way is to practice yourself.

Check with your Siemens rep and ask for a "Step by Step" CD. They are good and also FREE for the asking. If you can't find one there, drop me an email with your address and I will send you one.

I have to agree that getting stuck in was the best way I learnt. We bought a couple of books by Hans Berger on various Siemens programming structures i.e. Ladder, STL, SCL etc. These can be a bit heavy going and expensive at about £40 a go and to be honest we only really use them for the occassional reference.

:)