ladder to fbd

kenms

Hello,
I am relatively new to PLC programming. I have been asked to convert 984b ladder logic to IEC compliant FBD. One problem that I am having is finding a way to use a FB to simulate a ladder logic ADD block that is triggered by a relay. The ADD FB does not have an enable line associated with it.
Thanks,
Ken
:confused:

Modicon IEC

Which IEC package are you using?

All of the ADD function diagram blocks in Concept software do have the option for an Enable input. If you double click on the function block, there is a check box for "Show EN/ENO".

I'm using ISaGRAF. I'm only using ISaGRAF to illustrate examples of our PLC codes for a set of standards that we are going to include in a project. I wanted to use Concept for this purpose as that is the program that we will eventually be using. Unfortunately I don't have access to the full blown version of Concept right now. The demo version of Concept does not allow FBD and ladder logic symbols to be used in the same program so I'm stuck. I either use LD or FBD not both. ISaGRAF was the only other choice I had. I guess I'll just have to push to get the full blown version of Concept as soon as possible.
Ken

Concept trial should allow you to do what you want, FBD and ladder.

Taken from my demo disk:
"This Concept V2.5 trial version CD has limited functionality (connects to the PLC simulator ONLY) and there is a limitation on the number of variables [100]. All IEC editors are included [however not all function libraries]... There is no print functionality..."

Concept 2.5 V3..

New version of concept will be out shortly... now running
2.5 Ver 3 upgrades, and still having a bit of a problem with
crash's when placing pr stretching vertical links during "editing"
our 2.5 also has a bug the will sometimes cause a protection error
crash... and I have heard it is common, so save regularly...have
been bitten slightly a couple of times....
and without full blown version... a lot of functions will not work...

Tim J.