Cnc Sx-2 / Epas-2?

scottmurphy

I have another possible can of worms opening in front of me here, so I need to gather as much info as I can.

We have been asked to upgrade a intouch app that is currently running on 3.1

There are 4x serial connections hanging off the back, 2 are for Omron PLC's, of which I am familiar with, 1 is for a CNC SX-2, and the last is for a SSD drive connection.

First question, is the SX-2 a standard term, or is it specific to a part no? Sounds like a 2 axis controller, which it is. This is controlling 4x Lenze servo's. There is an arm on each side of the machine, 1 servo for up/down, the other for in/out, duplicated on the opposite side. On another piece of paper, it highlights EPAS-2, possibly running on the PC. Is this the configuration application for the CNC controller?

I am hoping to visit the site again early next week, so that I can gather further info from the PC, but want to do a bit of research first.

From what I have so far, there is the Omron drivers, and a L1 driver, I have been told that the L1 is a siemens dos based driver, that was timing specific? And possibly, the only way of keeping the system the same, is to install extra hardware.

Has anyone come across this type of setup before?

I need to get some more model no's off the SSD drives etc.