CompactLogix and plain PV550

PanelView 550 terminals will work with CompactLogix controllers.

There are some addressing and configuration considerations that you need to be aware of.

Generally, I create one or more PLC/SLC Tag-to-Address entries and treat the CompactLogix as though it's an SLC-500. That makes it easier to configure the PanelView, and it's fastest.

If you want to use native Logix tag names, you have to be sure you have a supported PanelView firmware level and network. I'd have to dig up some reference material.

As with all PanelView questions, we ask: What is the exact part number and firmware revision ? PanelView networking capabilities are described by the part number, so it's important.

The PanelView part number is 2711-B5A20, I do not know the revision, PV will be purchased new...The compactlogix manual (1769-SG001F-EN-P) does not mention PV550 in the options for visualization products, Panelview plus, VersaView and Versaview CE are listed..??

Damnit, this thread is EXACTLY what I need to be answered....I am having a hell of a time right now.

Please help

It might help if you post the question or exactly what your problem is.
And as with all PanelView questions please post the complete catalog number of your PV. Also what processor are you using.

Here is the answer. This is so easy. Forget about mapping files.
Cheers!

Answer_01.jpg

It might help if you post the question or exactly what your problem is.
And as with all PanelView questions please post the complete catalog number of your PV. Also what processor are you using.

I am using:
PanelView: 2711-B5A20
CompactLogix: L32E

Mickey said:
And the question is?

I answered the question. I was just posting the solution. There are a lot of threads on this board with this similar question still unanswered. The SLC Mapping seems to be a harder method.