Compact Block 1791DS IB4XOW4

Adam B

I am using two Compact Block 1791DS IB4XOW4 Safety modules. In RSLogix 5000 Version 16, I try to add these modules into the I/O configuration. When I do this I get a window that pops up from Microsoft Visual C++ Library, and that says runtime error and then Logix will shutdown. See attachment for Error. I have made sure that the two services that Rockwell mentions in their knowledge base are not running.

Thanks for your help.

img]http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/uploads/P75460824_img1.png[/img]

Weird. I'm downloading v16 right this moment to work on a GuardLogix application.

Is this the released v16 or are you running one of the Beta releases ?

The most obvious strange thing is that the error path indicates that it's the v12 edition, and yet v16 would have the 1791DS modules in it.

Anything else notable about your PC and the software on it ? Did this just happen tonight (it's almost midnight EST) or did you already talk to RA Tech Support about it ?

I am running version 16, thats the image error i got from the knowledge base. The same error was on my screen when I was at work except for the version 12. This is the released copy and I did not contact RA Tech Support. This just happened tonight when I was configuring hardware. Everything else went smooth except for this.

Thanks