Intellution "Fix" Problem

Critt

Hello,

I have a customer that has Intellution Fix 7.0. everything was working until the motherboard went in the PC it was running on. The customer had their IT guy change the motherboard with the same one, and now the system doesn't record the alarms. Also, when the PC boots up, it says its running in demo mode, however the hardware key is installed in the parrell port, and the demo mode doesn't seem to time out...
(I realize this is an old SCADA package and am looking at upgrading just need to get it working for now)

Critt

Have you reinstalled the software after the motherboard change. If not I would try this. In fact I would probably reinstall everything including the operating system.
Andybr.

Ken Moore said:
Check the port setting in the bios, I don't remember what Fix needs but that may be your problem, you'll have to use trial and error.

I think the parrell port is enabled... is there anything else that can be done?

Going back in time a couple of years, but change the parallel port (in the BIOS) ECP / EPP / SPP. Try all 3, I can't remeber which one it likes.

George

So, I'm guessing that we think something with the new motherboard's Bios settings is causing the FIX software to not see the hardware key, thus causing the system to work in demo mode?

Yes, I had similar problems when switching to other hardware. The BIOS from the new motherboard would come as factory default.
George