Microsoft ComboBox in RSView32 Application

plcnovel

Hi All
I am using A few microsoft combobox activeX controls in my RSView32 project. The problem is everytime i go to that graphic containing the combobox, the combobox field appears to show the number value associated to that item, but when i click the dropdown menu, i can see all the the items i have added in the combobox. Is there a way instead of showing the number value, my combobox shows just the the item instead?

Thanks in advance

Just a guess, but I'd say that you have to initialize the combo-box properly from VBA when you first open the display. A generic Windows control will be at default values until it's member list is updated and the control is refreshed.

If the member list is static, then you might just need to refresh the control on display open.

rdrast, your guess is right on target.

plcnovel, you need to program a macro to be called when the window opens. The macro needs to pause for a second to let everything on the display initialize, then it needs to refresh each of the controls.

Alaric said:
rdrast, your guess is right on target.

plcnovel, you need to program a macro to be called when the window opens. The macro needs to pause for a second to let everything on the display initialize, then it needs to refresh each of the controls.

Hi Alaric
Any suggestions how to do that? not a pro in VBA....

Plcnovel

Hi Guys

Does anybody know how to implement a macro in VBA for Rsview32 application that will pause for a second to initialise all the control and then refesh the controls before opens the display containing the active controls (comboboxes etc). thanks in advance

Regards

Make the macro in RSView, not VB, and use the Invoke command. I'm talking off the top of my head and don't remember exactly what I did, but if I get a chance I'll try and dig up the project, its been a while and I'm trying to wrap things up so I can go home.