Problem about connecting s7 to citect

aharco

Dear guys,
I have s7-315 2dp and i want to connect it to citect .
I can diagnostic my plc from pc .
But the only manual I have to configure citect explait the way from simatic net !!!
I have bought simatic manager 5.3 !!!
can I configure my plc from simatic manager or I must buy simatic net :mad: .
because I hear that the simatic manager 5.3 and later have the net programing in it ??
awaiting for your reply

aharco

I've done this myself and I used Simatic Net and an ethernet connection through an Ethernet Lean card. It was an expensive solution but it worked. I remember I had a nightmare setting up the ethernet and getting Simatic Net to talk to Citect but I managed it in the end. I may have a setup guide in the form of a word document if you decide to go down this route, however I'm on site at the moment and not at my main machine so it would be a couple of weeks before I could send it to you if you wanted it.

Cheers

JT ;-)