View pdf files on TP270/MP370?

Werner

Ok this might be a stupid question but is it possible to view pdf files on a Siemens TP270 or MP370? There is some windows running in the background so maybe?

A customer request all drawings, layouts, manual to be digitally present in the operator interface. Which in our line are Siemens displays.

Any tips on how to do this in a cost effective manner. (No panel pc's or other very expensive hardware)

You can use an HTML box in Flexible and display web pages. In AutoCad I use Publish to web to create web pages from my drawings. Then copy them over and put in a link to the main page.

schmatics.JPG

Very nice charles, I havent tried it, but i thought the MP Panels could use Internet explorer to display HTML?

Interesting topic.

Maybe the electrical diagrams are GIF images which can be readily displayed by IE ?

On an MP you should have access to install programs, including PDF viewers. You would have to locate a PDF viewer for Win CE and the CPU model used in the panels.
I think that on the OPs you dont have the possibility. Maybe there is a way, but I dont know it.

HI
I'am using WinCC Flexible Advanced 2005 SP-1.
It simpply does not show HTML browser object under enhanced objects,but it does show Sm@rtClient View.
Do I need to install some software for this?

Regards,
Manmeet.

manmeetvirdi

What panel are you using? This is a standard part of flexible so it should be there unless its not supported with the panel you are using.

HTML browser object missing

Hi CharlesM

I'am using TP170B PN/DP, OP270, MP370.
Iam using WinCC Flexible advanced 2005.
WinCC Manual says that HTML browser is under Enhanced objects, but Its not there in my package, cannot figure out why.