Ab 1747-pic

Buhsman

Hello, I just found this site tonight. Seems to be a very informative site. We recently received a new laptop with Window XP Proffesional instlled on it. RSLINX Ver. 2.20.01 installed but the ABPIC driver has a conflict with one of the IRQ's. Is there an available driver using this operating system for the AB pic?

Buhsman you left out some details, does this XP laptop have its own serial port built in OR are you attempting to use a USB adapter? Its not easy (if it can be done at all) to make an AB 1747-PIC to work this way. You need to upgrade to RSLinx 2.30.00 or higher and for XP your RSLogix has to be 5.20.00 or higher.

If the laptop doesnt have its own built in serial port you may be better off trying a PCMCIA to serial adapter but I ended up obtaining the PCMK card.

If you do a search on this site you will find several threads related to this.

I just noticed that you answered in another thread about installing version 4.10.00, yes it will install but it isnt fully compatible as you are seeing. You also lose any patches/updates the newer versions offer. See if you can purchase the support contract if that will allow you to update version 5.00.00 which should help alot.

Last edited:
Thanks

I ordered the pcmk card and all cables that I needed and it its working just fine. Thanks for the information. I will be using this site quite frequently.