ABB ACS800 drive and RPBA-01 module

JIMCON

Hello im in desperate need of some help here..

I am supposed to talk profibus with an ABB ACS800 Drive via an RPBA-01 module (profibus converter). And im using an MELSEC Q system.

The problem is that i cant understad how to read data from it and write data to it.

The manual says something about PPO Type 1-5 (Wich one is best to use in the GSD file settings ?)
And the manual says sometinhg about PZD3 ??? (the process data word)

To read and write data to the drive I think I have to send a parameter to the drive to tell what data i want to read.. but im not sure if ive undertood this correctly?

Pleas need som help here.. :S

JimCon, you must contact ABB Tech Service in your area. And insist on talking with a tech familiar with Profibus.

They are there for you. You just have to be a bit demanding in order to reach them. Profibus is very popular in Sweden so you should get the help you need without too much effort.

Good Luck

Thanks for the answer on this post..
The funny thing is that it seems that there is only a few ppl at ABB service support that knows how this communication works. Ive tried to reach them this week but they seem very busy. I will konsult them next week again and se if I can reach them..