RSview Stand Alone

Daniel Lopez

I have created an application using rsview studio, I created this application using the stand alone option because we are using one PC to communicate to a SLC. My question is how do you make your opening screen open up in a maximize mode when loading the Stand Alone Client? I choose the option to open maximized, but it still opens in a small screen and it requires you to click on the maximize button.

Your help is appreciated,
Daniel Lopez

I use RSView32, and what I do is create a shortcut on the opening operator screen.

In the shortcut, I have the 'Target' to the RSView32 Runtime program, "RSViewRT32"

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\RSViewRT32.exe"

This must be in quotes, and with a space following it.

Then, following the space, the path to your project *.RSV file, for example...

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\Projects\Project.rsv"

That must also be in quotes, then another space after the quotes,

Then after the space ad a /r

So your shortcut 'Target' should end up looking like this..

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\RSViewRT32.exe" "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\Projects\Project.rsv" /r

Also select the Run "maximized" in the dropdown.

This will open RSView Runtime, then Open your project and run it.

I do that on all operator stations, set them to auto-login on power-up, and put that icon in the center of the screen, so if they have a problem, the can pretty much power up and get going on their own.

RSView SE StandAlone is really just a bundled SE Local-only mode server, and a standard client.

The client configuration screen (just run the client application, not the shortcut) should enable you to maximize the display, show/hide the titlebar, show/hide the diagnostics list, etc.