exter panel index register question

briana banks

Hi All

I have 5 similar consumers (panels exter) located in 5 different locations in the factory connected to a single compaclogix controller.

I want to create a single application for all the consumers.
an authorized user will be able to set the station number,then
operator will operate that station even after application restart.

So,I want to use the index register feature.
The problem is that rslogix 5000 (unlike rslogix 500) dosnt use registers and addreses...(well this is the exter problem and not the rslogix if you ask me....)

Last edited:
I haven't done it but it looks like you need to have your data in arrays in the CLX and it should be do-able.

Here is a section of the help that illudes to indexing:
Structures

Structures are supported in two levels i.e arrays of structures. Structure members are named after the same rules as for tagnames.

Note :
  • Example of valid structures : MyMotor[2].Speed, MyMotor[2].Speed.1
  • A structuremember may be an array.
    Example : MyMotor.Error[5] or MyMotor[2].Error[5]
  • Indexing of tags are only allowed in last array, if two levels used.
    Example : MyMotor[X].Error[Y] is connected to an index register. Changing the value of the index register will only affect Y.

It does seem they need to expand the help concerning index registers for Control Logix.

Hi and thanks for replying...

Is this valid?:

object addr: station[0].quantity
index reg: index = 1..5

is the value of a memory tag preserved somewhere?
i want that the administrator will set the station number
and this setup will continue to work event after application restarts.