Schooling

technician

I did a search and it did not really turn anything up. I did find something refering to Ron's school but that would not be feasible for me. Does anybody have a link or anything to a school directory for plc training? That would maybe break it down to location? Thanks

simulated trafficlights etc. are very boring.. buy a used plc
and build a thermometer... garage door opener, fish tank temperature regulator or similiar...

Where in OH are you looking? Cincinnati State Community and Technical College (or CTC when I went there) had good plc training in their Electro-Mechanical program.

Mike

Automation_Tech said:
What PLC?? or are you just looking for general/generic plcs?

Basic schooling. From the small amount of asking around that I have done I have not really heard great things about the manufactuers schools? Plus I do not see the point in just learning one brand unless you know you are going to stick it out somewhere which probably wont be the case for everybody

CaseyK said:
Call me in 30 years and tell me how far you are from starting the course!

i recently got married and we had to rearrange some things at the plant so i had zero time available. The plant is nearing completion so i anticipate enrolling within 2 weeks.

Much will depend on how much you are looking to invest in your education (or your company)?

If you only want to obtain a general understanding (not manufacturer specific) you may want to consider the information posted on this web site (plcs.net) which includes the online tutorials and the video courses. It will be far less expensive than any school course.

You may also want to contact some local community colleges or technical colleges such as ITT or Devry and see what they have to offer. The cost for taking one course will not burn a hole in your wallet.

Hope this gets you started.

God Bless,

Where in Ohio are you? I went to Terra Community College in Fremont Ohio. I've been to many PLC classes but that was by far the best training I've recieved. Same for the motor controls and Robotics classes.
BGSU wasn't anywhere near as good. Also I was indifferent to the different social requirment classes. (Albino Midget Clog Dancing etc...)

I Have Been Doing The Online Course With George Brown. The Start Is Very Slow Off But Then It Picks Up Speed After You Get Through The Frist Two Modules

I Rate It Very High, The Online Help You Get Is Great When You E-Mail A Question You Get A Reply Fast. they Are there Til 7.00Pm that Helps.they Are There To Help You With Any Question You Have Big Or Small. Plus You Dont Have To Pay For The Complete Course At One Time. You Pay As You Go. 17 Modules, Like I Said The First Two Are Vary Slow,But Then You Get Into The Input And Output Side Of The PLC And then On To Every thing About The PLC the Software Is Like 450 With the First Module, then 65.00 Per Module After That. You Do Not Have A Set Time To Complete The Course,