Allen-Bradley SLC-5/03 & Wonderware I/O Server ABTCP

Rshaw

I've got a Slc-5/03, connected to a 1761-NET-ENI. I'm sort of reverse engineering the program - outside vendor, I've got no info on the program. I've got no RSview or RSlinx or anything. We're mostly Modicon and Wonderware here.

So I'm trying to connect, via the Wonderware ABTCP server to the Slc-5/03. Then, subsequently, I'll read a few register values into Excel.

I've found the IP address of the NET-ENI, I can ping it. I set up Excel to read a register. The request shows up in the ABTCP, but there is no communication from the ABTCP to the PLC.

Any ideas?

There aren't a lot of settings in the ABTCP server.

I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks

I don't think dasabtcp supports NET-ENI but check with support and see if it has been added. I heard that the dasabCIP works with ML1500 and NET-INI. Maybe try that one out or just use an RSLink version that support OPC/DDE.

Thanks

We don't pay for support anymore, so I don't think Wonderware will even talk to me - hence the posting here.

Thanks for the ideas - I'll look into them.

I appreciate it.

It's working

Took some doing, but it works now. I used the DASABCIP. Technically, this server doesn't support a NET-ENI to a Slc-5/03. But, the addressing is basically the same as a Micrologix, which the server does support.

So I configured the server to look for a Micrologix.

Checked it with WWclient - it works.

I can DDE to Excel.

I Intouch application works, too.

Another, much smaller problem: I don't have RSlogix, or even RSlinx. I don't have a copy or printout of the PLC program - it's a "packaged" piece of hardware with a Panelview with a bad, buggy program in it. I'd love to write a Wonderware program to basically replace the Panelview. Is there anyway, without any RS software, for me to get/view a copy of the program (PLC or Panelview)? Trial software, anything like that?

Thanks to all who helped.