Servomotor brake removal

Kataeb

We have the following servomotor:

Servomotor

0.5kw, 0.8Nm, 6000rpm, +resolver +brake

Siemens
1FK6032-6AK71-1TH2

We need to remove the servomotor brake (because we do not need it, and to reduce inertia and unnecessary hardware).

How can it be done ?

Will this influence the resolver & rotor positions ?

Will the servomotor protection remain ip65 ?

Don't know about this type of motor. But I know that with new SEW CM servo motors you can't remove the brake. This is because the brake assembly is mounted behind the resolver. So to remove the brake you must remove the resolver. (How stupid)

When putting back the resolver it has to be calibrated. This is a special job that as far as we know can only be done by SEW.

Like I said I don't know if this applies in your situation.

Also make sure you don't compromise youre E-stop function. (Is the brake usefull when the drive is not powered (gravity) or can it help to bring the motor to fast an safe stop)

Kataeb said:
We have the following servomotor:
Servomotor 0.5kw, 0.8Nm, 6000rpm, +resolver +brake
Siemens 1FK6032-6AK71-1TH2

We need to remove the servomotor brake (because we do not need it, and to reduce inertia and unnecessary hardware).

How can it be done ?

Will this influence the resolver & rotor positions ?

Will the servomotor protection remain ip65 ?

The brake is there to reduce inertia, in a sense, so if that is an issue then maybe you do need to use the brake. If I did not need a brake would probably order a motor without but if have a motor already then would use it as is, the main reason if it is under warranty then modifying will void the warranty. The other issue could be if that motor prematurely fails and possibly causes harm or damage; modifications can problems . If you just want the brake removed then contact your supplier (or Siemens) and have them remove it.