Replacement Modems?

Critt

Hello Everyone,

Just looking for a replacement to a 9300-RADM1, that will work for a 2 wire lease line application. I have a 5/03 with a 1747-KE card connected to a 9300-RADM1 to 9300-RADM1 connect to AIC + which is connected to a Micrologix 1000.

I have used this leased line modem.

http://www.multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Families/MultiModemZBA/

The only problem I found with them is that if the lease line went down after communication between the modems had been established you had to cycle the power to the modems in order to have them reestablish communication. I ended up adding logic to the PLCs to cycle the modem’s power in the event the lease line went down.

What's unique about a lease line that the 9300 won't work?

Maybe I don't know what a lease line is. What is a lease line?
Dan