Omron C120 Series Interface

Paul S

Gentlemen, I need to gain access to the logic in an old (Late 80's vintage) Omron Sysmac C120 PLC. My Local Omron rep is willing to loan me a copy of the SYSWIN-V3.4 software but I nedd to get my hands on the interface cable and the peripheral port cable adapter. Omron's tech support has been kind enough to provide me with the part numbers of the obsolete hardware.
I am looking for a C500-CN221-EV Cable and a 3G2A6-LK201-EV1 Adapter.
If you have either one of these items and are willing to part with them, please let me know.

does you local rep not have access to those compenents? Or can organise for you as a loan?

Maybe gt or jay will know in your area, I am no use to you. I normally load from the local supplier here, they are pretty good like that.

Paul S,
First, welcome to the forum.

Did you check on ebay? You can sometimes find host link units there. The cable is really a standard null modem cable, 9 pin to 25 pin.

I would contact your local Omron distributor and see if they have a host link (3G2A6-LK201(EV1)) that you could borrow or rent. This same host link is used on the C200H also.

Hope this will help.

In this part of the world there was also a C120-LK201-EV1. It is the same part.

You can make the cable easily. If you get a host link and require the cable pin out repost and we can direct you to the cable requirements easily.