Was

godfrey

I've done several searches here on toggle buttons and one shots. In the examples using WAS PB, what does WAS stand for? Is it an acronym? Does it mean was as in past tense?

YES, in the past.

Terry Woods introduced me to the concept but I think I created the terminolgy. It is meant to show a bit WAS on i.e. X bit was on then Y happened so X bit can be turned off,,,simple example.

I have examples of code will post later or in morning, may already be posted. One example is here: http://www.patchn.com/flipflop.htm

Last edited:
rsdoran said:
YES, in the past.

Terry Woods introduced me to the concept but I think I created the terminolgy. It is meant to show a bit WAS on i.e. X bit was on then Y happened so X bit can be turned off,,,simple example.

I have examples of code will post later or in morning, may already be posted. One example is here: http://www.patchn.com/flipflop.htm
I like that reply Ron , though I have to ask is "YES" an acronym too , or a term signifying agreement ?

I have never used YES as an acronym, not yet anyway. Terry is the one that used the term WAS several years ago in a flowchart:
onsflowchart.gif

I just thought it was descriptive to use that term i.e. the
PB WAS ON (or off depending).

Last edited: