quick AB TON

kurt.brinker

When using the TON instruction does the DN bit stay true after the .pre has been reached or is it momentary when the pre is reached?

stays true until the input is removed

timer11.gif

EDIT: the picture slowed me down, must learn to program faster....

look at post #4, the reason I posted the picture was so you could see what the bits are doing...

T4;2 is true on the EN,DN... the PRE is 100 and the ACC is 100

once in awhile you MIGHT see the Accumulator go slightly higher than the Preset ... that's because the actual "timer" (the location in the data table) is only "serviced" or "updated" by the processor when the TON "instruction" (in the ladder program) is executed ... so ... sometimes if the scan time is just a little bit too long - the processor MIGHT add just a little bit too much time to the Accumulator - and so the Accumulator MIGHT go just a little bit past the Preset ... in rare situations this "overshoot" effect can cause something like a scaling-type math operation to self-destruct - but USUALLY there's no harm done ...

but to answer your specific question: YES, the TON timer's Done bit will have a "1" status whenever the Accumulator is GREATER THAN or EQUAL TO the Preset ...

Last edited: