Programming a Modicon Micro

BretB

Dear PLC pros,

I am looking for some help in getting a PLC I have to work with the simplest of commands. I am new to the PLC thing, but I need to get this PLC working in short order.

It is an AEG, Modicon Micro 110CPU31101.

I don't have the software for it. I looked on the Modicon website and it was not cheap.

I'm just looking for a way I can access the PLC so as to be able to download a set of instructions to it.

-

And on another aspect to this - let me remind you, I am new to this - I got this PLC plugged in with power to the wall, it has no logic or anything in it, and I am trying to figure out what makes the "IN" and "OUT" switches get activated. I tried running a current through them from an external battery, I tried running a current from the out to the in, etc.

I need to connect this thing to a switch that is turned ON or OFF by the user, and the computer just needs to be able to see if the switch is on or off. That's the extent of the (no-)logic I require of this thing.

If someone can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanks. - Bret

Thanks wwtptech, but I'm not a member of that website/company and could not see how to download the software without paying their fee. Am I missing something?

You can try http://www.fast-soft.com/ The PLC workshop 32 for Modicon program is a free download. It will run in demo mode without an activation. Demo mode won't allow you to save your program but it might work for you for learning.

I have a fully licen$$ed version, and as it stands right now, I don't care for it much, but if you're just running the free download demo then I don't think there is much to complain about.