Siemens S5 timer Preset Values and KEPware

mecolema

I am trying to read into KEPware a timer preset value from a Siemens S5 115U PLC. The preset value is saved in a data block but when I look at the word it is stored in through KEPware I am getting a long decimal value that doesn't make any sense. I need to get the value into Hex or something that I can get to make sense. Does anyone know the syntax for the tag that I should be typing into KEPware? Also, does anyone know the syntax for the tag as well for reading an output from the PLC? Thanks in advance for any help. I am pretty new to all this KEPware stuff. Hopefully this makes sense.

Hi Mecolema.

I don't know if this is going to be of any help to you, but if you go into status variable and type in your timer address and hit return, you can then change the format of the timer preset to Hexidecimal by changing the letters to KH

I hope this is of some use to you.

The highest 4 bits specify the time base.

0000=seconds/100

0001=seconds/10

0010=seconds

0011=seconds*10

The other 12 bits are the preset value in BCD 000 to 999.