Transducers

AGENTTINFOIL

Are any of you guys familiar with Transducers? What is the difference between an IDP Transducer and IP Transducer? I know how they work but I just do not know what the difference is, or what IP or IDP stand for.

You really neeed to provide context for this, as in what is the process fluid being monitored and what location is being monitored. In general DP is for Differential Pressure, and P is for pressure (guage or absolute). In the ISA lexicon for tag names I is for current, which is clearly not applicable.

The IP Transducer is used in various places through our plant. In our application we take a 4-20mA signal from a PLC output card and send it to the Transducer. Based off the range of the 4-20 signal we will control air pressure running to the transducer, in this particular case the output range on the transducer is 3-15 psi.

Tom
I already kinda suspected the D in IDP was differential but I was not sure. I am still learning these transducers, although I have found that they are really simple and was just wondering what the difference in the two is. I did a search on the internet and really was unable to find any data on the transducer. Anyone have any good links on these things?

I wonder if you are hearing IDP and they are saying "I dah P" transducer like saying "I to P" tranducer. That is kind of how they say down here in the south.

"
bwheat said:
I wonder if you are hearing IDP and they are saying "I dah P" transducer like saying "I to P" tranducer. That is kind of how they say down here in the south.

Y'alls speak is just a little different.( or maybe mine is)
"You burl (boil) crawfish and fry them in erl (oil). Don't forget to pack the uneaten tails in furl (foil)." :D:D

Normally if you have enough leftover you can just throw them in a trash bag, put them in the fridge and have them for breakfast. Don't just save the talls, gotta keep the heads too.