PanelView Plus 400 - Shutdown application on boot

Peter Laing

Hello all,
I am working on a project with a PV+ 400. It's my first experience with the PanelView plus product.

The terminal is configured so the application starts automatically. I have a "Shutdown" button on one a password protected screen, so this has not caused a problem.

However, I could have a problem I would like to know how prevent ME runtime application from loading without having to use the shutdown button.

I have searched this forum and looked at some other threads discussing the same issue with the older generation PV300s and PV550 but that did not help me.

Any ideas out there?
Thanks in advance.
PL

If the terminal's startup behavior is set to run a project, the project will run. There's no "back door" to the configuration mode using the keypad like there is on the Standard PanelView terminals.

The method I traditionally use to get into terminals that don't have Configuration Mode screens is to use an AutoRun and batch file to rename or delete the runtime project file. RSView ME will then start up, not be able to find the runtime file, and default into the RSView ME Station configuration screen.

I found a more elegant solution in RA Knowledgebase Answer ID # 26037. That document's attached batch file, loaded onto a CompactFlash card and inserted into the terminal, un-sets the Run Project on Startup function of RSView ME.

I figured there had to be a way around this problem. I'll save the ap note.

Compact Flash cards seem to be falling out of favor in the digital camera world, so I suppose it would be a good idea to pick one up while they are still a common consumer item.

Thanks again,

Cheers,
PL

I pick up 256 and 512 MB SanDisk cards whenever I find them, for use in PV+ and ControlLogix applications.

USB Flash device support was recently added (firmware 4.0 and later) to the PV+ terminals, so I think this kind of Autorun utility can be run on a thumbdrive too.