Sink Load Vs Source Load

cwdh2o

Ok... So I have been reading the forums for quite some time. I have read the postings on Sink vs Source but I want to make sure that I am understanding it correctly. I have a Toshiba Mag Meter that has a 30 volt Dc Pulse Output. I need to connect it to our SlC500 and was going to use the Allen Bradley 1746-IB8 Card. Now if Im correct it needs to be a sink load card since the mag meter is supplying the 30 v output. Am I correct in my understanding or am I way off target?

cwdh2o said:
Ok... So I have been reading the forums for quite some time. I have read the postings on Sink vs Source but I want to make sure that I am understanding it correctly. I have a Toshiba Mag Meter that has a 30 volt Dc Pulse Output. I need to connect it to our SlC500 and was going to use the Allen Bradley 1746-IB8 Card. Now if Im correct it needs to be a sink load card since the mag meter is supplying the 30 v output. Am I correct in my understanding or am I way off target?

You are correct

1746_2.jpg

Be careful with a 30VDC pulse though, as you are at the maximum for the input operating range

Ian