Yaskawa Spindle Driver

Tharon

I had an issue today with an old CNC machine. If it wasn't the weekend, I would call up the company to ask, but since it is, I wonder if any of you out there have any experience with this:

The controller is a Dynapath. The Spindle Drive is a Yaskawa CIMR-MTIII-7.5k

The screen tells us "Spindle Drive not ready." And the Spindle Drive gives us a "-10C" error code.

This happens when it should start up the spindle. I'm sure if I had a manual, and could see what the code meant, It'd be simple to troubleshoot. But unfortunately, I cannot find the manual anywhere. The Yaskawa Electric Corporation doesn't seem to have this model listed either.

All I really want to know is what the code means, cause I'm sure that would point me in the right direction as to what the problem is.

Who knows, maybe it's just cold and doesn't like -10 C weather :)

I didn't download the manual myself to check it out, but I searched the Yaskawa site using the keyword MTIII and got a datasheet and a manual. Using the CIMR-MTIII got no matches. Using CIMR got the standard-duty drives.

Last edited:
Thanks. That's where I ended up too. I continued my search after posting, and was looking through the "MTIII" and "MT3" stuff.

I think I found the one I'm looking for, yet for some reason, the only part of the model number that is the same is the MTIII-7.5k (7.5k is just the size)

I feel pretty stupid, cause it wasn't "-10C" that it was saying it was "-1OC" as in Over Current šŸ™ƒ (And I was there poking around at everything for a good 6 hours, encoder, motor, cabling, everything). I hate not having proper manuals for machines.

But at least what I think is wrong is what that shows.

I dunno why my model is CIMR-MTIII and this model number is VS-626MTIII though.