AB Flex I/O Probelms

jvest

This past Friday morning one of our assemble cells went down after 2 hours of running that morning with on problems. When we first went to the line the scanner card was flashing error code "78" for node 01 and the outputs on all five 1794-OW8 output cards were high in the node o1 panel. This had both solinodes energized on ever hydraulic valve. Luckly nothing moved with both sides engeriezed. This could've caused an injury. The devicenet 1794-ADN module had two red lights and one green. We decided to changed the ADN module. When we went to reconfigure and remap that node it wouldn't acknowlegde the input and output cards. We removed the three 1794-IB16 input cards and five 1794-OW8 cards. We installed one new input and one new output card and it acknowlegded them. We then placed one at a time the old cards back in and it still wouldn't acknowledge those. I order enough to replace them all Saturday deleivery. We installed them Saturday morning and its back up and running.

My concern is what caused one devicenet ADN module, three input cards and five output card to blow? This cell was built less than a year ago. Has anyone else had issue like this before? :unsure:

Thanks for the help,
Jim Vest
Black & Decker