PV1000 Help

CCatterton

I am trying to show a co-worker how to use panelbuilder32 software, but the PV1000 is giving me a little trouble. More specifically, seeing the PV on the DH+ network. I have a 5/04, the PV1000 is connected via the DH+ network, and I am connected to the 5/04 via RS232 port. We have other PLC/PV connections, else where in the plant that have 5/03's and a PV1000, and that is the only way I have connected. I have read other posts on here, some say that I should be able to the PV and some say I should not be able to see the PV. Also when I try to up/download to the PV via the PLC, I can not. I have tried everything I can think of. I have not tried to connect to the PV directly(DF1 Peer to Peer) via the printer port yet, because I do not have a straight through cable. I am going to buy one tomorrow on my way to work.

Any and all information is appreciated.
Thanks,
Clayton

What you need is DF1 to DH+ passthrough.

You'll use the DF1 Full Duplex driver in RSLinx, but the Device Type will be "1770-KF2/1785-KE" so that the driver browses past the DF1 port onto the DH+.

You also need to configure the SLC to have this capability; you set status bit S:34/0 = 0, S:34/5 = 1.

If this is a very old SLC or PanelView, you might have a problem using this function; look up the details in the RA Knowledgebase.

Ken,

Thank you for your help, I will try this when I get to work tomorrow, and I will post my results tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Clayton

Ken,

Thank you for your quick reply. Your advice worked awesome.

Mickey,
Thank you for your trouble by looking up the information in the RA KB. I guess I need to practice nagivagating it better, because I can never find what I am looking for when I look in there.

Once again, thanks to both of you,
Clayton