Is there a cheaper Ethernet to Modbus bridge than the 174CEV30010 from Schneider?

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there a cheaper Ethernet to Modbus bridge than the 174CEV30010 from Schneider?

These bridges are over $800.00 a piece from Schneider Automation.

I know that Schneider just puts their sticker on them and jacks up the price.

Anyone know who originally makes these?

I know that some will reply w/ other than modbus suggestions, but the modbus is pretty much fixed in stone.

I'm using the RS485 setting. I am using the bridge to talk to 8 variable freq. drives via modbus.

The DeviceMaster UP 1-Port product supports protocol conversion of one Ethernet (TCP/IP) device to Modbus TCP, in addition to supporting one RS-232/422/485 device to Modbus TCP.

Feel free to contact me directly, and I can arrange an evaluation unit to be sent to you free of chrage for a period of time.

If you'd like details on the product, just google 99011-6.

That price sounds a bit high - my price from my local Graybar is a bit over $650 for that bridge. I'd also suggest using a 174CEV30020 instead - it's the newer version, and it's about $100 cheaper. My price from Graybar for that is a bit over $550.

Has anyone used Digi, One IA

I hate this buy before you try thing. So I was wondering if anyone has used the Dig One IA part number 70001862 to talk to modbus devices over ethernet.

What I have tried, and what I am going to try

The Schneider CEV product works as long as all the devices are communicating.
Problems:
1. Price - our distrib is charging $800 for these devices.
2. Need two of them in order to talk to 12 VSDs. This requires adding an ethernet switch.
3. If a device stops communicating, it affects those that were.

Phoenix Contact model: Worked the best out of all devices tried. Well, for one day. Don't know why it failed. But have to wait a month for another one.

Digi model:
Talked ok, to one device. Had all the problems of the schneider model plus its own.

RedLion Data Station: Waiting for distributor to provide a 30 day trial.