slc 5/03 help me !

ho5tile

I have a machine down and can not get on line with this thing. The cpu is a allen bradly slc 5/03 it has a DH 485 port (the one that looks like a phone jack with 8 pins) and it has a RS 232 port nine pin. The numbers on the bottom of the door for the cpu are 1747-L532. Do I use 5 or 500 to get onto this machine? Then which port and what driver do I configure? thanks for the help folks.

Jesper,

I always use a 1747-CP3 cable (or a copy I made of it). It uses not only the connections you mention, but also some handshaking signals as mentioned in this thread.

Kind regards,

you guys are the most help! Now I'm in and have a couple of first aid fixes in place untill I figure out what happened. My RS 232 port is used for the touch screen interface so what do I use to get in at the DH485 port? I used to have an old "pic box", do I get another or can I get somthing that will plug into my PCMK card on my pc? If you have a part number I would love that.