Allen Bradly Processor

s070.gif
Doesn't seem to help...

Really though... Which PLC??

He said AB, overall does not matter which, the flash upgrade allows compatibility with software and hardware.

You should be certain that you need to upgrade the processor before doing so, read, read, read before you do.

The importance is that the processor won't work without flashing the firmware to the revision level you need. Typically all processors ship with firmware level 1.

LJBMatt said:
The importance is that the processor won't work without flashing the firmware to the revision level you need. Typically all processors ship with firmware level 1.

That's not true for SLC500 or PLC5. They come ready-to-run out of the box. AFAIK, only CLX needs to be flashed.

OZEE said:
That's not true for SLC500 or PLC5. They come ready-to-run out of the box. AFAIK, only CLX needs to be flashed.

They all ship ready to run, upgrades are designed for hardware and software compatibility. With controllogix it can be either, some SLC500's and Micrologix need firmware upgrades for hardware.