What's with all these RSViews?

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Are they for;

Rsview ME - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?
RSview SE - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?
RsView32 - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?

And to top it-off,

PanelBuilder32 - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?

My Heads SPINNING!

TIA

skyfox said:
Are they for;

Rsview ME - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?
RSview SE - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?
RsView32 - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?

And to top it-off,

PanelBuilder32 - MMI For PC, PanelView, PanelView+ ?

My Heads SPINNING!

TIA

I cannot comment on SE, but am familiar with all the rest.

RSView is similair to WonderWare Intouch. Runs on a PC can do all kinds of fancy SCADA 'STUFF'

PB32, is the software used to configure applications for the classic panelview series products such as PV550, PV600, PV900 , PV1000, where the number is the size of the display.

RsView ME is a hybrid of RsView and PB32. ME can run on a PC or on a PanelView Plus HMI only. Best feature of ME, is that you can simulate your application on the development PC before downloading.

Think of PB32 as the 1990s
RsView as 1990s - 2000s
RsView Me 2000s -

Ian

Summary:
RSView ME is Machine (read Operator) control for a PC or PV+. It is NOT geared for supervisory control and only limited data collection.

RSView SE is a Supervisory control for the PC. So, full featured SCADA with Client/Server capabilities for a distributed application.

RSView32 is a previous generation supervisory Control for the PC. Not as agile as SE for Client/Server but still a full featured SCADA package.

PanelBuilder32 is configuration software for previous generation PanelViews only.

Thank You both for the clarifications.

I am still in the clouds as to which one is for which PanelView?

I gathered from your respnse.....

Rsview ME can run on a PC as well as a PV+.

What about RSView SE? Can apps created with this run on a PV standard, or a PV+?

Same question goes for Rsview32.

This is all very confusing.

Thanks Again.

All the Best!

Look at my previous post:

RSView ME = PC or PV+
RSView SE = PC
RSView32 = PC
PB32 = PV

So ONLY PanelBuilder32 works with the original PanelView terminals. That's it, nothing else.

I beleive RSView SE can also be used to create an application for a PV+, but absolutely CANNOT create an app for the older PanelView terminal.

OG

This may only increase your head's RPM but here we go....

RSView ME = PC or PV+
Only runs on a PC if you have RSViewME Station (demo version ships with RSViewStudio for ME which is the editing environment for ME)

RSView SE = PC
Aimed at a network of PC's

RSView32 = PC
Can also run over a network using the Active Display Server add-on.

PB32 = PV
Except the PV1400, which uses PB1400

I beleive RSView SE can also be used to create an application for a PV+,

its not RSView SE

its ME

RSViewStudio for SE, (hows the head?:ROFLMAO: ) which is the editing environment for RSViewSE, ships with a full activation for RSViewStudio for ME so you can use it for both applications.

Another way of stating the above is

RSView ME (Machine edition) will run applications created by RSView Studio for ME. RSView Studio is the development application and creates a runtime .MER file which can be run by RSView ME on a PC, OR can be run on a panelview plus terminal which comes with RSView Studio ME already on it.

RSView SE (supervisory edition) can run applictions created in RSView Studio and will only run on a PC that has RSVIew SE on it. It will not run on a PV or a PV plus.

Remeber RSView Studio is only the development software. If you want to run on a PC (either version) you also have to buy the runtime program.

Hope that helps

Marc

RSViewSE can create both PC apps as well as PanelView+, you can also select which firmware rev you want to use. If you have different firmware revs on the Panelview+'s, RSViewSE will allow you to select the version you want. This saved me from having to flash the PanelView+'s immediately.

Mike

OK, now I'm also a little confused. I have a Panelview plus 600. When it was purchased I also was told I needed "RSView Studio Machine Edition" which I also purchased. Now do I need to purchase a runtime version for every extra Panelview +600 I want to program or does it work like Panelbuilder32 which can program as many older Panelview (say 550's) HMI's that I want to?

RSView Studio ME is just an editor, just like PB32.
The PanelView+ terminals come with the ability to run View Studio ME applications, without any further authorizations.

You would need a runtime license to run the ME application on a regular PC.

micahg said:
OK, now I'm also a little confused. I have a Panelview plus 600. When it was purchased I also was told I needed "RSView Studio Machine Edition" which I also purchased. Now do I need to purchase a runtime version for every extra Panelview +600 I want to program or does it work like Panelbuilder32 which can program as many older Panelview (say 550's) HMI's that I want to?

The PV+ has RSViewMe Runtime embedded in the firmware. RSView Studio for ME creates a *.MER ( ME Runtime file) that is downloaded to the PV+. The embedded Runtime executes this *.MER file. In order for a PC to run the *.MER file, the PC must have RSView ME Station runtime installed

Ian

If your PV+ dies you can wheel out a PC (with the ME station license) and run the PV+ app on the PC until you get a replacement. Without a license you can run 5 screens so sometimes it is handy to make a cutdown version of the PV+ project, load it on an old PC and sit it in the corner for the next time an operator punches the PV+ and shatters the screen. (have seen it happen)
Regards Alan Case

Back
Top Bottom