RS View Studio Popup Window

Jezz

Hi All,
I wanting a window to pop up on a PV1000 display depending on an Integer value (N7:0 = 0 ok , N7:0 = 10 Fault 1 , N7:0 = 20 Fault 2) anyone got any suggestions on the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Dont use a window, use a multistate indicator. Assign the messages to your variable value ie N7:0
If you want OK to display then leave it as is. If you only want it to appear when there is a fault then set the visibility state for visible when N7:0 <> 0
Regards Alan Case

Alan's approach works fine, but considering your descriptions there, (Fault 1, Fault 2) maybe you want to create alarms for those values and just use the default (or a custom) alarm banner window.

You could also create 'Information Messages', which will pop up the default (or a custom) information banner window.

One other approach might be to create your pop-up windows, assign them a unique 'Display Number' on the Display Settings dialog, and configure a Global Connection (Remote Display Number) to the PLC to trigger those displays. Just set the PLC's remote display number back to zero to deactivate it after a second or so. Your pop-up will remain displayed (if it's set to 'On Top' until it is closed from the screen.