Problems with COMTEXT

Johan H

Hi

I have a problem when running Siemens Comtext V3.10.

Every time I try to open a "process link" (tag) I get the following error message "ACHTUNG : DATEN KONNTEN NICHT GELADEN WERDEN !.

The configuration works on my college’s computer so I suspect that the problem is with my computer and not the configuration file.

Does anyone recognize the problem?

Grateful for any help

Regards

Johan

Taken from Siemens website

I think comtext is no more so my guess would be that the operating system (Windows) of your current computer is not compatible with comtext. Windows 3.1 or 95 might work...

"As announced previously, production of the following products has been
discontinued with effect from April 1st, 1998.
OP15VF COMTEXT configuration set OP5/15 configuration set"

My college has exactly the same type of computer with XP and it’s working on his computer. The program starts and is running but when you try to edit or open a process link the error messages shows up.

//Johan

Ken M said:
Hey you don't work for my IT department, do you? ;)

No, but anytime I have had issues with the old S5 stuff running on windows PCs, reinstalling the program usually solved the problem

Ian