Autobrowse in RSLogix500

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone else had trouble with the Ethernet I/P driver in RSLinx?

Often when I am using this driver connected to a Micrologix 1100 or 1761-NET-ENI, I get a DiagnosticStatusFailed error whenever I try to upload, download, or go online in the System Comms window. I *can* see the processor listed there, just can't do anything with it. Sometimes if I click the button again it will work.

I discovered the other day that if I turn off the Autobrowse option and use the Refresh button instead, the problem goes away completely. So it isn't really a big deal anymore but I couldn't find any mention of this problem on this site or in the A-B knowledgebase.

I am using RSLogix500 v7.0 and RSLinx 2.5, so it is possible that the problem has been corrected in newer versions. But my support contract is expired so I can't upgrade. :(

not sure but i use cpr 7.1 and linx 2.5 to browse several slc 5/05 and don't have a problem. (i have autobrowse selected)

i do have an online editing problem. basically it works sometimes and doesn't work other times. I can start edits, and accept them and then it fails when it tries to test or assemble. Or it won't test and i have to keep trying until it will. its really random and weird.

edit. i am using the ethernet device driver so this may not pertain

Mickey said:
Also have you done this( see PDF)

Yes, I changed the CIP settings and that didn't have any effect. But I also have online editing issues as Kurt mentioned and it may solve that problem.

My guess is that you are seeing an issue due to the connection limit of the Net-ENI module. 2-in, 2-out, 2 in/out. I am not certain if the Micrologix has the same issue. The PLC Ethernet port does not always release connections to serve data requests from HMI, RS Who, Logix 500 online editing which all use connections differently. If you browse to the ethernet port (http://IP address) you can see how many connections are in use in addition to other diagnostics.

For some reference try looking at the following tech notes.
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/knowledgebase/
Search using "CIP Connection"

And also this specific tech note
Answer ID 23057