RSView32 & VBA Multithreading

GALMA

Hi, someone can help me, please?
I must realized a RecipeEngine, because "Recipe Pro" doesn't work right for my requirements.
I link RSView32 with VBA and ODBC tu "SQL Server 2005", but I need of Engine Multithread that management several recipe on competition.
Someone has done this, or he knows how do?

I have inserted ocx (multithread example create in VB6), but after it's started regulary, when I stop activex crash and VBA go on ERROR.

VBA is NOT VB. It is a subset of VB, and has poor to no support for multithreading.

VBA is managed entirely by it's container application (in this case, RSView32), and almost all containers (including RSView32, RSViewSE, and Microsoft Office apps) run only a single instance of the VBA Engine.

Why have you determined that you must have a multi-threaded application? Recipe management should be a case of loading a set of values from the database, perhaps modifying them for quantity, and sending to the controller. Or going backwards.

If you absolutely must have a 'multi-threaded' recipe manager, then write your own, and hook it up to RSView via DDE or OPC.

For the record, you probably shouldn't be doing all that much management and control logic in VBA anyway, as it's capabilities are limited.

I know that VBA is NOT VB.
My case of Recipe Management is not a standard use of Recipe.
I need absolutely a multithreading recipe manager. You advise develop a external application link by OPC or DDE? But, I would be not want a external application.
In VBA I can import a COM object, I don't develop a COM (activex) object with VB o VC++ ? It can work in multithread mode, or import it to VBA, it doesn't work?

No. It won't work properly, as the VB Engine subset used for VBA is not multi-threaded. It cannot handle critical sections, it cannot handle semaphores, it cannot serialize memory access. Typically attmpting to do so will block sections of code completely, or corrupt data.