AB PLC 5 Class Login Default?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just flash upgraded the firmware on a what I think is a new 5/40E Ethernet processor.

Now I can't get online because it's prompting me for a class login! Any ideas? The firmware upgrade should have taken care of any program in the processor which should be nothing to begin with so I have no idea why it would prompt for a password.

I've never run into that one before ... here's just a quick "try this" idea:

create a NEW empty (no rungs) program file OFFLINE and download it to the processor ... then see if you can go online with that ... crossing your fingers is highly recommended ...

good luck - and please let us know how this turns out ...

Already tried that, the error message is:

"Download command Failed, Do you want to try log in a Different Access Class? <Yes> <No>"

and the error message for just trying to go online is:

"Online processor is read protected! You must log in a different access class to go online"

btw. I'm going from Series E, Rev G to Series E, Rev J.

I don't have hits at Rockwell KB either. I guess the next step is call Rockwell but our support contract has lapsed because accouting misplaced some paper work...

Note: I can't be 100% sure this is a brand new processor but shouldn't the firmware upgrade process wipe the memory anyway?

Once again, I'm an idiot... turns out the jumpers on the backplane is set to "access protected". Well, my excuse is that it's been a long time since I touched a 5 series.