panelveiw plus comms error alarm

pauly

I am using a PV+ hmi to controllogix via ethernet and if comms to the plc is lost the operator wants an alarm to be displayed. I know that when the cable is pulled from the back of the panel all the messages come up but I want an alarm that means some thing to an operator. Any ideas?

There's a Pre-Defined Item in RSLinx Enterprise called "@IsPresent" that indicates to RSView ME whether or not the PV+ is communicating with a particular controller.

I think you can use this as an alarm trigger (I actually don't allow the Diagnostic messages display to appear on error) or as an ordinary indicator.

Similar Topics

The options for selecting a key are F1 - F20 and K1 - K20 F1 - F10 are obvious, can anyone tell me how the others map to the remaining keys on the...
Replies
Views
I NEED HELP ON ADRESSING AN STRING INPUT ENABLE SO I CAN ENTER LETTERS AND NUMBERS BUT WHEN I ADRESS THE VALUE ON THE BUTTON AS ST12:10 IT SHOWS...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, I've been working on an HMI using the Panel View 5000 series. I admittedly was not very good at Factory Talk View Studio, but I...
Replies
Views
Iam removing a Panelview600 as it is no longer supported and replacing it with a Red Lion G306A panel the PLC is a SLC500, after much research I...
Replies
Views
Iam adding recipes to a existing program, and when I go to down olad the updated program I get an error saying " Invalid Length, Bit array cannot...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom