PLC Controlling a Monitor

Scottf1015

I have an application request from a customer that involves using Plasma or LCD type monitors and displaying fixed graphic files triggered from a PLC. The files probably would be .wav files. HMI's would work, but are not large enough. To add complexity to the project, the monitors are to be mounted lengthwise.

All ideas are appreciated!!!

If you are using the ControlLogix platform the 1756-EWEB module should work. You would connect the monitor to a computer that is running a web browser connected to the EWEB module.

Aloha;

You might want to consider using a Matrox graphics card in a standard PC. The Matrox card is capable of running multiple monitors simultaneously also you can slip images 270 degrees just by using the on-board utility. Check out this link: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pid/news/features/203_se_driver.php You can use some standard script or write a simple program on the PC to pull up your graphics and .wav file(s) connect via Ethernet, serial port or like cash register drawers use the digital I/O on the PLC to hit one of the flow control pins on the PC's serial port. I can probably send some simple program examples.

-Christopher