S7 search

- Open any block
- Place cursor on a line containing a 'searcheable' element
- Either right click - Go To - Location or CTRL ALT Q
- This opens the Go To Location box
- Substitute the Address contents for the object you want search..

Yeah, sucks I know.....

If you want to search for all occurences of -(P)- for example, view the code in STL to find the related STL instruction (which is FP in this case). Generate the source code for all your blocks and then search the source code for the STL instruction.

Try this.
From the Manager,from the Blocks Folder: Options >> Display (Select Generate) and you got the whole thing. Program structure, Used and I/O Used and unused symbols. Where and how they are used. Double click on selection and it goes there.

Nick
crossref.JPG

To expand on LD's example, I usually print the whole project to a PDF doc and search that way. Adobe Acrobat versions >=5 have a very good search feature that generates an index of anything you type. This way, I can search on anything at all, from absolute variables to instructions.

Otherwise, the reference list works ok as Nick described. Brenton, what exactly are you trying to do?a