c prog plc

rancalifa

hi,

i am looking for controller sutible for controlling a small marin
platform.
i need to deal with some pereferial accessories using NMEA183 and modbus communication protocals, and some regular analog and digital i/o.
for that reason i want to purchase a PLC or similar hardware which can be programed in a higth level language (C and etc).
on the other hand i want a reliblity since i deal with the marin platform and it cant suffer from crashes.

does anyone know a suitble hardware?

does pc 104 with i/o card is relevant for such an application?

ran

Many PLCs support "structured text" which is a Pascal-like language standardised in IEC1131-3 ST. Maybe that is enough for you.

I know that B&R PLCs supports programming in C in addition to the IEC1131-3 programming languages.

ran,

Have you defined your I/O requirements for your application?

Without knowing what you are going to need, makes it difficult to offer what products / manufacturers are available to you.

What is the importance of using a programming language like C vs. a ladder logic based structure?

Why reinvent the wheel? They've already been thru that with the programming software.

You don't want crashes, then stay away from C.

Contact some manufacturers, such as Stephen fron Entertron.

Ask some questions.

One of them can surely come up with an "EASY" solution for you.

And with C, anyone trying to troubleshoot has to know it, which could be a problem if the qhole crew had to be suddenly replaced for whatever reason.

The AB Logix line of PLCs can be coded in a C++ (OO)like fasion. They allow classes with methods and members and such; function calls; etc. Its not C, but its more native feeling at least.

matt