pqw value monitoring

Amr Hassan

hi

is it possible to monitor the value of the pqw?

i was trying to write a value to analogue output chanel to test it. I did not notice i was writing an other value in a differnt statement
the result that the value of the output was fluctuating and i though that i have noise problems,,,,
is there a way to monitor the pqw ?
i tried in the vat , in the hardware configuration and tried to
load the value into another word , all methods failed

I set up a monitor DB where every time I write to a PQW address I also write it to the monitor DB. Depending on your PQW address and memory space, you could make the DBW address match the PQW address for ease of use.

e.g.
T PQW 700
T DB99.DBW700

(NB: To reduce the chance of typos, you could write a little function that you pass the PQW address as a pointer and then use indirect addressing to index into the monitor DB)

Last edited:
Have you tried a VAT table then Variable > Enable Peripheral Outputs

You have to be in stop mode but it should work for testing.