RSLogix 5, RSLinx and Emulate 5 Help

Chuch

Hi,

I am relatively new to using RS software and am having a little bit of difficultly emulating a simple program; one rung with an input and an output.

I have opened up RSLinx, gone to Communications->configure drivers and added PLC-5 (DH+) Emulator driver. I have started and left it running. I have also opened up RSLogix Emulate 5 and left it running in the background

Next I have gone to RSLogix 5, created a new project. I have left the default values in Platform (enhanced), processor (PLC5/40), series (A) and memory (49152). Under communications settings, I click on "Who Active" and select the emulator. I create a new rung, with one user XIC and one output energise. When i go to "Go online", an error comes up saying "Lost communications with processor".

Any help to resolve this would be highly appreciated. Also if there are any online manuals relating to using all three softwares.

I am using:
RSLinx Classic Version 2.50.00.20 (CPR 7)

RSLogix 5 Version 7.10.02 (CPR 7)

RSLogix Emulate 5 Version 5.00.08.00

I think that to load a program into RSLogix 5 Emulate, you need to use the File -> Open function right in RSLogix 5 Emulate, rather than a download from RSLogix 5 using the RSLinx driver.

Well you do need to compile the file. Click on the little computer icon with a check mark (dont remember what its exactly called.

Once you do that, you can load the file in RSEmulate, and then run it.

Its seems to work except now that an error windows (Windows default program crash window) pops up; "RSLogix Emultate 5 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Chuch said:
Its seems to work except now that an error windows (Windows default program crash window) pops up; "RSLogix Emultate 5 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I think i ran into that problem too, but cant think of how i resolved it. If i recall correctly, it wasnt a program issue, rather then config issue. But i did reinstall RSEmulate. So i cant think of what the issue was. Anyone else ran into this issue?

I had to do a reinstall of RSEmulate 5 a few months ago with a similar symptom. I'd installed quite a lot of RSI and other software since, so it didn't seem so surprising.

Try an uninstall/reinstall of RSEmulate 5.

I click on "Who Active" and select the emulator. I create a new rung, with one user XIC and one output energise. When i go to "Go online", an error comes up saying "Lost communications with processor".
This sounds a bit confusing. Do you go online to do edits ? Or are you making the edits offline, then try to download them ?

It has been a long time since I worked with RSEmulate 5.
But as far as I remember, the only way to update the program in the emulated PLC is to save as .X5 in RSLogix and then load the .X5 file in RSEmulate.

Thanks, it seems to be working now. Saving it as a *.X5 helped (without re-installing)

Thanks JesperMP, rajy2r and Ken Roach for all you help :)