Moving modbus registers

dexdyne

I have a bit of kit which has rather estricted capabilities iin the coil and status address ranges.
It can handle a consecutive sequence of modbus registers starting at 1, but doesn't do hundreds of coils, or spares arrays where coils are at 200, 400, 600 etc.

Annoyingly the same piece of kit will do all of that for registers in the 30000 and 40000 ranges.

CAn I buy anything simple and cheap that will simply remap the addresses 0 to 19999 to 30000 to 49999 ?

Stand alone Comm modules like the Mille Omnii-Comm 266 reads from a slave, and writes into its own register map from a master port. A second slave can be read by the external master, which reads according to the module's map, not the original slave's map. It's used to re-map values.

But, I'm not sure that it will accept writing values from 1-19999 registers to 30001 or higher, whether it would convert from binary to integer format.

A 2 port unit (with a 3rd diagnostic programming port) is about $900 USD.

If that's cheap, then you could ask them directly by email: [email protected]
Dan